I like to cook, but I am not a purist and have been known to stock a variety of cream of something soups and the like in my cupboards. Sometimes you just need the convenience that these types of things afford. Sometimes on a Friday night, after a long week, you just need to be able to throw something together without a lot of fuss.
The following recipe is a take-off of a recipe on a Stove-Top Stuffing box.
- 1 box of Stove-top stuffing prepared as directed (but I never really put the margarine and no one cares!)
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (could be cream of anything)
- 1/3 cup onion dip (because I had that, and not the sour cream called for.)
- 1/2 teaspoon chervil
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/3 teaspoon celery seed.
Mix all the soup, dip, and herbs. Place chicken in a baking dish. Top with soup mix. Then top with stuffing. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes until chicken is tender and cooked through and stuffing is nicely browned.