Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shaker Bars

I've been asked for this recipe and others a time or two, so I thought I would create a blog that focuses on recipes well-loved by family and friends.Today's updates include an adjustment for a slightly thicker cake.

This recipe for Shaker bars comes from my grandmother who never really baked them herself, but had her housekeeper do it for her.  My mom used this recipe when  teens were running rampant through her house and now I use it to feed hungry teens here. 

Shaker Bars
1 2/3 cups sugar
5 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 2/3 cups self rising flour
1 cup chocolate chips (or more if you like!)
Mix eggs and sugar till light yellow.  Blend in oil and vanilla.  Blend in flour till just moistened.  Pour into greased 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle with choclate chips.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until lightly browned. 





No comments: