This recipe is originally from Taste of Home, but I changed it up a bit, and drastically reduced the amount of cheese (it called for FIVE CUPS!) It is a great meal to make and share since making two creates the same mess as making one.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Makes 2 13x9 pans, each about 6 servings.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) reduced-sodium stuffing mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken cut in ½ inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 pound ham, cut into ½ inch chunks
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-2 cups mixed vegetables (optional)
Prepare stuffing mixes according to package directions.
Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.,
Divide into two pans.
Top with prepared stuffing mix.
Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer until stuffing is lightly browned.
To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and stuffing is lightly browned.