Monday, April 11, 2011

Crispy Panko Chicken


 I love watching Iron Chef America, and while I don't think I would make most of the dishes they make I did learn about panko bread crumbs.  These Japanese bread crumbs give the nicest crunch to chicken or whatever they are used to coat. 

Crispy Panko Chicken
6 servings

  • 1 c panko bread crumbs (I use Italian style)
  • 1⁄2  c shredded Parmesan
  • (2 T olive oil
  • 1⁄2  t lemon pepper 
  • 1⁄4 c Dijon mustard
  • 2 T water)
  • 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, pounded to 1⁄4 inch 

 In a shallow dish, toss together panko, cheese, olive oil, salt & pepper.
In another dish, combine mustard, & water. 
Coat chicken breasts in mustard mixture & dredge in panko mix.
Bake on a sprayed baking sheet 25  30 min @ 400 or until golden brown.  

No comments: