Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pumpkin Waffles

Kelly recently shared a recipe for pumpkin waffles, which we tried and everyone loved. However, I found the waffles a little difficult to get thoroughly done without being burnt on my waffle iron, so I adapted my favorite waffle recipe. The recipe below is doubled from the original so some waffles can go in the freezer, but the way the pumpkin ones disappear I have not yet frozen ANY!


Yeast Raised Waffles

  • 3 ½ c. warm water or milk
  • 1/3 c. oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup toasted wheat germ
  • 4cups flour
  • ½ c. brown sugar
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons instant yeast

For Pumpkin waffles add:

  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon
    2 teaspoon nutmeg
    2 teaspoon ground ginger

  • 2 cup canned pumpkin


Beat all ingredients until blended well. Raise at least one hour or overnight in the refrigerator. Stir down. Bake in waffle iron for about 4 minutes.

No comments: