Monday, May 25, 2015

Coleslaw

For a long timeI never made coleslaw, I had no clue on the balance of flavors and what made it good. The times I did try to make it were never quite successful.The someone asked me to make it for an event when I offered to help so I figured I had better get a good recipe! Someone gave me a recipe for a version of KFC coleslaw and it was delicious! As time went on I found that we liked it better with mostly lemon juice instead of equal parts lemon juice and vinegar. I also added onion to round out the flavor. Now when I coleslaw for an event it there is rarely anything left over!

1 head cabbage, finely chopped  ( I chop it in the food processor.)
1 carrot, shredded
1/3 cup granulated sugar
½ cup mayonnaise
½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
½ tsp. granulated onion
½ cup buttermilk (or ½ c milk+ 2 tbsp. powdered buttermilk.)
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. cider vinegar


Mix all ingredients well. Chill for several hours before serving.


No comments: