Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Donna's Dill Dip

 Every summer at Delanco Camp our faithful head cook, Donna, would make Dill Dip to go along with veggies on pizza day. Thinking it was an original recipe, I asked if she would share it. Her response was page 269 in the Best of Mennonite Fellowship Meals Cook Book!

After I bought the cookbook I had access to the recipe and of course, have tweaked it here and there over the years, mainly because I don’t care for the taste of the seasoned salt that the original recipe called for.

Here is my variation of what I still call Donna’s Dill Dip.

1 cup soup cream (8 oz. container)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon granulated onion (or dried minced onion)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2-3 teaspoons dried dill weed
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon Mrs. Dash’s Salt-Free Seasoning (optional)
freshly ground pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate. Serve with your choice of fresh, crisp vegetables.
This keeps well in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Laurie! This sounds wonderful.

--Julie